Parikrma’s children today are pursuing higher education at distinguished universities like the National Law School, BMS College of Engineering, MS Ramaiah College, MES College, Christ University and St Joseph’s College of Commerce among others. They continue to stay in touch with all of us at Parikrma and we track their progress closely, stepping in when required. The alumni have formed an association which arranges get-togethers, sporting events and supports each other.
We are proud of our alumni, and here are our success stories!
Parikrma’s first alumni batch:
- Shiva is a software engineer working with Cisco System Inc. His mother was a maid and his grandmother still sells flowers by the roadside.
- Santhosh is a Chef at Hilton International. His father was a cook but now an invalid.
- Lamcy has completed her Bachelors in Dentistry and will start practice in two months. She lives in an orphanage.
- Ramya is a dialysis therapist in a leading hospital. Her mother is a maid.
- Lalcha is in 3rd year National Law College. He is an orphan.
- Henginlen is an activist, blogger. He is an orphan.
- Karthik is a recruiter and trainer for Starbucks. He married his childhood sweetheart and encouraged her to be a teacher. He was found on the streets of Bangalore.
- Soumya is an award winning highly reputed actress in a regional TV show. Her mother was a maid.
- Asha is an HR Manager of a large FMCG company and is keen to hire more Parikrma students.
- Shobhana is a Manager in an American IT company and is being sent to US for further training in November.
- Shalini is a nurse at the Manipal Hospital. Her mother was a maid.
- Selva is a nurse and wants to specialise in geriatrics. His father was a cobbler and alcoholic.
- Diwakar is Assistant Manager in Hilton International. His mother was a maid.
- Santosh is the Site Manager of Burger King and is pursuing his MBA. His mother was a maid.
Every year we add over 60 new Parikrma graduates to our alumni, all with dreams and aspiration to give their families more choices.